|AMMCS-2013 Venue: Wilfrid Laurier
University Campus in Waterloo, Canada
The AMMCS Awards for Students and Young Researchers (2013)
I. Student awards (first prizes).
II. The Kolmogorov-Wiener Prize for Young Researchers.
III. Young Researcher Travel Awards.
IV. Student awards (second prizes).
Student awards (first prizes):
M. Yodzis (University of Guelph) for the presentation
"Inverse problems for delay differential equations
using the Collage Theorem"
(Special Session Category)
A. Chow (University of Waterloo) for the presentation " Control of the Landau-Lifshitz Equation" (Contributed Session Category)
M. Kloosterman (University of Waterloo) for the presentation "A Closed NPZ Model with Delayed Nutrient Recycling" (Poster Session Category)
The AMMCS Kolmogorov-Wiener Prize for Young Researchers:
- James S. M. Anderson (Beijing University) for his work on
the development of computational methods for mathematical models of many-body quantum mechanics.
James Anderson received his PhD from McMaster University in 2010. After his graduation, he was working at the University of Tokyo as a receipient of the Japan Society for the Promption of Science Postdoctoral Felllowship. Since Janury 2013 he has been working at Beijin University, sponsored by his NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Anderson's research interests cover several areas of applied mathematics, quantum physics, and theoretical chemistry, with a major focus on electronic and nuclear many-body problems. His most recent contributions are on reduced density matrix theory. He gave many presentations at international meetings and developed an impressive network of collaborators in Japan, Canada, China, the United States, Chile, and Europe. At the time of the award, he has published twelve journal papers in high quality international journals.
Young Researcher Travel Awards:
Canadian (WLU sponsorship)
- Kenneth Blahut (Ryerson University)
- Charlotte Haley (Queen's University)
- Guillaume Lajoie (University of Washington)
- Derek Manuge (University of Guelph)
- Wenjing Zhang (Western University)
Foreign (AMMCS sponsorship)
- Kenneth Ball (North Carolina State University)
- Andersen Garrett (Duke University)
- Anna Konstorum (University of California, Irvine)
- Camille Poignard (Laboratory of Mathematics, J. A. Dieudonne)
- Martin Rybicki (University of Hamburg)
Student Awards (second prizes)
Special Session Category:
- Sviataslau Kohut (Western University)
- Cameron Plouffe (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Krishan Rajaratnam (University of Waterloo)
Contributed Session Category:
- Mohammed Ibrahim (University of Waterloo)
- Pieter Van der Weeen (Ghent University, Belgium)
- Jinlian Wang (York University)